Boy, O boy, what a day! Today Malia, myself, and Grandma Horton enjoyed the mystery and excitement that is DISNEY. We all loaded up this morning to check out Disney on ice. This was a first for Malia and I, niether one of us had ever been and it was so exciting to be able to share that with her.
Once entering the building, torn ticket stub in hand, Malia blurts out "COTTON CANDY!" Ugh... can we not enter the place without planning out our first snack of the day?! I tried to temper her requests - to no avail. I finally convinced her that we needed to locate our seats and then we'd see about some cotton candy. Once said seats had been located the requests started again "Mom, cotton candy?"...."hello, mom....COTTON CANDY????!!!!" Ok.
I get it, you want cotton candy! About then an all-to-helpful cotton candy dealer swings by so I ask, how much and start reaching for my wallet...then as I glance up I think I hear " $10, mam". SAY WHAT?! I'm sitting there in my chair thinking ok, it's sugar and food coloring, dude. Then he quickly says "you get a crown with it".....uh...ok. I quickly send him away thinking surely I can buy some sugar for less than $10 at the concession right? I promptly exit row G, to 1, make sure we are still in Tulsa and NOT Orlando, Florida and 2, find the chepper cotton candy! I stroll around the corner and ran right into another dealer, YES...success! I see a row of CC missing the $9 crown. I ask, how much and she says with a big ol smile "only $7"....
Wow...OK...I don't know why this came as a big shock. I've been to Seseme street live, I really was not expecting $1 cotton candy, but dude...it's SUGAR AND FOOD COLORING! I went ahead and ponyed up the $7 for the stuff and couldn't wait to hand it over to my sweet girl. Her eyes lit up, they lit up until she asked the question...WHERE'S MY CROWN, MAMA?
UGH........SIGH. I sold out the crown for a lousy $3....but I digress. It was a lovely time and we all really enjoyed the wonder of Disney.
Here are some pictures of our afternoon. 
You can tell in this picture Malia's feigning excitment about that bag of cotton candy...

Saturday, September 29, 2007
Princesses, Crowns, and stingy mamas...
Posted by Chad and Dana at 9:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment