Monday, April 30, 2007

Gotcha Day 2007!!!

Happy Gotcha Day to our precious Malia and Cole!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I CANNOT believe how fast time has flown by. It was just 5 years ago today that we brought our beautiful daughter home from Korea and 2 years ago today that my mom and I brought home our handsome - sweetie pie Cole home from Korea! Chad and I feel so humbled and blessed that these two miracles call us mommy and daddy.

Today we started the day off with our anual family portrait. This year we decided to try Picture People. I have to admit, I'm one of THOSE people who want every hair in place and all the clothes to match. Every year I hope for that "just right" photo...you know the one where everyone is genuinely smiling, looking at the camera, no blinking etc...The one where I am compelled to buy the huge wall portrait to hang over my fireplace..you know THE ONE! Well...in the 5 years we've had our family portrait taken on this day I've not been compelled ONCE to splurge on the Big One! Chad had to convince me that they are good (and he is right - now that I'm home and not so critical...I'm happy with them!) and not to get uptight but alas...there I was, a bit down that I didn't get the one great shot and beginning to look forward to next years shot...can anyone say therapy???!!! I know many years from now I am going to look back on all those photos and I won't see the imperfections...just the beauty of the moment and feel so blessed that I got to be apart of these precious lifes.

Once I got over that :-) we headed to Famous Dave's BBQ for lunch and had a great time. Malia has dance class tonight so I believe we'll be caping off the night at Cold Stone Creamery for some sinful decadence! Yum.

Happy gotcha day to my two amazing kids. We love you so much and we give thanks to God for the opportunity to know you. ~ Your mommy and daddy

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Scott and Leslie said...

Happy Gotcha Day Malia and Cole!!! Your family picture is beautiful! We will never forget our time in Korea together!

Just Wedeminute said...

Dana I think the picture is adorable!!! Happy gotcha day...late of course!
Jennifer W

The Urbans said...

How did you manage to bring both kids home on the same day three years apart? Really?! That is really cool!