Thursday, February 14, 2008

We're On The List!

Yahoo! Chad and I started our adoption process for baby #3 late last August and we can now proudly say, OUR HOMESTUDY IS APPROVED AS OF FEBRURARY 12, 2008 AND WE ARE ON THE LIST!!!!

It's crazy, but it's a true relief to know that we made it this far and now we can settle in and wait. Our agency has told us that we can have up to a 12 month wait for our referral, but things have been moving and we are hoping to know who our next child is by mid to late summer. We'll see. For now we'll be content to wait (I might need help remembering this!).

Our next big step is waiting to hear from CIS to come to Oklahoma City to be fingerprinted. We hope to see this in the next 2-3 weeks.

3 comments:

Dania Efird said...

Hi! My husband and I have been following your blog. We're also adopting from Korea. Are you a Dillon family? Just curious! We just finished our homestudy and are waiting for official approval!

Scott and Leslie said...

Woohoo Dana! We are so happy for you and Chad! We will never forget the time that we spend with you in Korea in 2005!!! I hope that you will have a speedy process for baby #3!!! Keep us posted!

Micah and Sunny said...

Hey Dana,

Just wanted to stop by your blog and say "hey" from the Dillon Forum. Also, we have talked about your church's adoption program. I hope that we get to meet soon and am so excited to be anxiously waiting with you.

Come on Referrals!!!!!

Sunny K