Ok, I'm just going to be okay about blogging every few months. I really applaud those of you who are faithful bloggers (I so enjoy your blogs!). I am amazed at how dedicated you are. I think if I posted regularly, you would unfortunately be subjected to a laundry list of to do's or vents of the day. Very uninteresting indeed!
Here's a quick update on us...
Malia ~ Well, she's great, but she's also 8. She knows everything and won't even let you finish your sentences without inserting as much. She only has two more weeks of school and then I've got to get with the program to keep that girl busy. We recently had Malia evaluated for sensory integration issues. The OT suspects she has proprioceptive and vestibular issues. Oy. Very interesting and telling about how she navigates the world around her. We've just begun so, if anyone has any experience on the topic..I'm all ears! This girl is one complicated puzzle, but I tell you what, I cannot wait to see the finished product! It's going to be a masterpiece! Love. That. Girl.
Cole ~ Cole is just cool. I've been doing some homeschool with him this year and he is beginning to read! Oh, what a gift to see those wheels turning...it NEVER gets old! He is also in swimming classes and Tball. He plays short stop and is just awesome! I've never been much for baseball, but I believe I'm officially hooked. Cole is also absorbed in all things under the ocean. To get him motivated to run the bases faster, we always throw in a "Cole, watch out...there's a shark behind you!" We are OK aquarium members and it's a good thing. We are there at least every week to two weeks. Cole will start kindergarden at the same school with Malia in the fall. I am so excited for him...he's gonna love it! I will also be soooo sad for me and Drew though. Wah.
Drew ~ Cutie. Patootie. He's doing well, although I will say that he has been sick or down and out since the beginning of March. We've had horrible, horrible allergy issues, skin rashes, fevers, vomit, runny noses...Ugh bug...not fun. Yesterday was about the first day I haven't had to medicate him with something. He's a trooper though. A skinny trooper! He's becoming a little chatty Cathy. Loves to try to say everything so we love to throw in some fun words for our entertainment!
He is still attached to my hip about all day long. He is still very anxious when I leave. Doesn't matter if its to the shower or to the store...he still gets pretty distressed. Kids who have been adopted, go through so much so we understand totally and try to follow his lead. Yes, he's been home for a year and a half...but his body hasn't forgotten what it feels like to be abandoned. So we do attachment parenting as much and as often as he needs it. We love him so much and he is learning new things all the time.
Chad and I are busy, but great. We have a vacation planned with the kids coming up and we cannot wait. We will be hanging out with some cool people on a beach just chilling...It cannot come soon enough! 




Sunday, May 9, 2010
May, already??
Posted by Chad and Dana at 8:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey girl. I don't know if you remember, but Dillon had proprioception and vestibular sensitivities as a toddler. We did OT, read and tried to do some of the stuff in Out Of Sync Child. REally, what worked best for him was jumping on the trampoline a lot. Email me if ya wanna.
Don't feel bad about posting every once and a while. I am not any better. I feel bad for the people who might want to follow our blog while we are in Korea, I don't know if it will happen; but I'll try. Still no official plans, but when we know, you'll know.
Post a Comment