Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Drew 7 months old today...

Our baby boy turned 7 month old today in Korea. We heard news last week that his hearing test had been redone and both of his ears are normal. This is a praise report, originally they has said he failed his initial hearing test on his left ear. They also sent us his 6 month measurements. He is weighing in at 15 1/2 pounds and is 26 1/2 inches long.

We are currently making frequent trips to Lowe's to get just the "right" color for Drew's safari room! Who knew how hard picking out a color would become?! So far we've had glacier blue, sauteed mushroom, and now some kind of maple. Fortunately for me they sell those little paint cans in 1/2 pint size so I can play around!

This time around I settled for a store bought bedding set in a safari theme. My mom made Malia and Cole's bedding set and she was willing to do so with Drew, but I could not find any material here in Tulsa that I just loved. I am a bit disappointed but have decided to have her make him a few bumper pillows to sleep with since my other two adore their "Nana bumpers".

We are still waiting on our I-600 approval and I am guessing it may take a few more weeks to reach my mail box.

I pray tonight (in Korea) our little man is happy and healthy in the loving care of his foster mother. Lord, we thank you for Drew and all the plans you have for his life. We thank you in advance for your perfect timing with Drew's homecoming and we ask that you bless everyone who are helping bring Drew and our family together. We are overwhelmed with gratitude.

Amen

3 comments:

Anita said...

Dana
I can't wait to see the pictures of his new nursery!! I'm having a blast buying jungle things for my new grandsons safari nursery--boy nurseries are so much fun!!

Praying your paperwork goes through the government in supernatural time and you are on your way to receive him soon!!!

Wendy said...

You have an award....see http://avtcoach.blogspot.com to see the award. Thank you for sharing your story!

Just Wedeminute said...

WOW! I am so excited...we just realized that you have your referral. We are a little behine on our blog reading right now. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!