Friday, January 16, 2009

Abraham Lincoln


Abraham Lincoln
Originally uploaded by onlinewoman
funny conversation today...

Today Malia had some questions about honest Abe and if he was really real. She has seen a picture of the Lincoln memorial and wanted to know if that is where he died, sitting in that chair...me being a bit confused I shared the G rated version of his assassination. She stood there and thought for a moment and then said, "wow, so can we go there and take a look at his head?"
HUH? She then asked if I thought he was in heaven to which I nodded my head implying that yes, I thought he was surely there....she said great, then when I get there I can talk to him, but Mom, don't talk about his head, that might make him feel bad..."

I love that girl...

5 comments:

liesel said...

HA HA HA. That's funny. And see? You would have missed that if she were in school. :)

Anonymous said...

That is too funny. Makes me want to hurry up and homeschool.

Anonymous said...

BRILLANCE WITH COMPASSION THAT MY GIRL.......

NANA

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious!

Anonymous said...

I am truly laughing out loud right now. Out of the mouth of babes!
Max asked some questions this week as well about Abraham Lincoln and how he died. Seems to be a theme for 1st grade eh? It was so fun to see the famous monuments on TV yesterday during the inauguration that we have been studying. The kids thought the people "skating" on the Reflection Pond was the best! Thanks for sharing this wonderful moment! Kim