I have to apologize for the time between posts! Wow! I've been one busy mama!! I got sick like a week after my last post which put me so far behind on everything (but, the bittersweet part about getting sick was that Chad and Drew are now best buds!), then there was Thanksgiving and now we are full steam ahead for Christmas...C....R...A...Z...Y!
Drew is adjusting beautifully (thank you, Jesus!), and is nothing short of pure delight each and every day!!! Malia and Cole love their little brother but are not loving the sharing mommy aspect of another sibling! We knew this might be an issue so we are working out our schedule to give them special time. It's a juggling act and if any wise mommy's out there have any sage advice on how to do this well...please leave me a comment!
I'll close with some newer pics of the kiddos! I hope everyone is enjoying the preparations of Christmas, I know we are! 






Monday, December 8, 2008
Is it December already?!!
Posted by Chad and Dana at 9:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
No advice but hugs! Just keep doing what you are doing! Drew is one handsome fella! KimberlyP
We try to do once-a-month date nights to spend individual time with the kids. Of course it has gotten crazy with 5 kids but always a time we all treasure.
Every kid has their own "day", Monday-Simeon, Tuesday-Liesel, etc. It is their day to check the mail, answer the phone, help me in the kitchen, and drive down our long driveway (on my lap, of course). It's also their day for me to lay with them at night, each kid has their own special thing they like me to do: Simeon likes his back rubbed, he's not big on talking, Jude likes to have deep philosophical conversations, Liesel loves telling me about the books she is reading, and Hope likes to sing songs and snuggle. It really helps having a "day" so that I'm not running all around at bedtime trying to meet everyone's emotional needs. :)
I love Charissa's advice, spoken like a mom of 5.
I was going to suggest spending time with Cole and Malia during Drew's nap time. They could take turns and you could get your own mommy alone time, as well. Don't forget to take time for yourself, it makes you a better mommy.
Thanks for posting new pictures. I have been looking a lot to see your beautiful kiddos.
Yippee....so glad to see new pics and hear an update. I am also happy for you that things are transitioning well. Let me know when you figure out the making each child having special time with momma and dadda. We do the date night thing too but could always use suggestions.
God bless!
Love the blog background,very cute. Love the bath tub pics in the ducky. The kids look so happy what a blessing. Hugs and Kisses
Kelly
Love your friend, Charissa's advice--I am TOTALLY stealing that!
And I LOVE your idea for Cole & Noah's Weather Show--wouldn't they be the most handsome meterologists on the planet?
And more than anything, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the gorgeous pics of those incredibly beautiful creation. God is SO amazing!
He is just too cute Dana!
Post a Comment