Today Malia and I decided to take our homeschool lesson outdoors. We were finishing up our reading when Malia said "Mom, today is a great day to fly a kite, huh?" Without a moments hesitation or excuse on my lips I hurried to the garage to grab the ONE intact kite we had and we took off....I forgot how fun it is to fly a kite, when it actually flies!
Watching your kids enjoy the wonder of a kite taking flight...it's like hot biscuits and honey for the soul!
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Get out of town! I can never get those things to stay in the air longer than like 2.2 seconds. Thanks for your encouragement on the waiting. I know that your wait is incredibly hard as well so it is very kind for you to be thinking of ME. I hope that your (scientific!) observation is right and we get a call next week (or maybe you are off a bit in your calculation and it could be THIS week!!!).
Thanks again.
Made me so proud to hear how she expressed that! She is such a positive spirit. Keep focusing on that thankfulness, she is a jewel!
Next time you take a break, come out and fly a kite on our ranch....bring your fishing poles too. :) I'd love to see you guys! We try to finish up about noon or a little after. Would you want to come over next week? Monday and Tuesday work best since I don't have to take Ava to school.
I am sending another award your way! I want others to read your amazing story. No pressure, just see your award at my site and copy and paste it to yours. Enjoy!
Post a Comment