Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ziploc for Drew

So our agency sent out an email not long ago telling us to get a one gallon ziplock bag and fill it with gifts to give to Drew while wait. Fun huh? Over the last week I have been getting my little goodies ready (and having a total ball in the process...I LOVE baby stuff!). Well, the other night I started to pack it all in when I realized this was not going to be a easy assignment, and if I wanted it all to fit I better get creative! The first attempt I thought I was good, then I tried to zip it up...lets just say I ended up tearing the plastic at the top pretty badly. Chad walked in and with his best manly voice offered to help the lil' lady out...sure enough, he got it all in there....and it zipped up! I grabbed my camera because I KNEW this would be blog worthy. I took a picture of all the stuff laying out and then another of it all in there. Well today I downloaded all my pictures and what the?! The ziploc pics were gone. I later found out that Malia wanted to "look" at my pictures on my camera and well, I guess she got a bit over zealous and deleted them...wah! She felt bad and I felt bad...it was just a pity party, let me tell you!
So since I don't have the actual picture, here are the actual items we sent:
Photobucket
Last minute, we decided to use our family pictures instead though
Photobucket
Won't he look too cute in this with his amazing brown eyes? :-)
Photobucket
Ok...no this ISN'T for Drew (although, I have been known to make Malia a cup of joe on occasion), this is for Drew's foster mother. Instant coffee is surprisingly popular so I threw some in for her!
Photobucket
This too is for Drew's foster mother...thought it would go nicely with the coffee.

And lastly, we sent him a Nana made baby pillow. Unfortunately, this was a rare, one of a kind so I'll just say it was adorable and I hope he likes it!

We have no new news on the paperwork process front. Every time the phone rings my heart skips a beat. I know my travel call is still a few weeks away, but I still jump non the less. We are all so pumped and ready, already!

4 comments:

Tamara said...

I can't wait til you tell us you're on your way to go get your baby!

Just Wedeminute said...

Wow, it's down to a ziplock now. Remember when you got to send a shoebox full of stuff??
Can't wait to hear more about your little man!

Micah and Sunny said...

We are so meant to be friends!!!! I am so going to do a post just like this. I, too, got to send a care package (how awesome is that?!!?). I, too, attempted to stuff four ziploc bags full of stuff into one bag. Micah kept saying "Sunny, you are breaking the rules!" Well, no one said it was against the rules to stretch the baggie before putting items in it. We had tons of the same stuff. Photo toy cube, chocolate, an outfit!!

Love it...now, hopefully that bag barely has time to get there before you do!!!!
Thanks for your encouragement through this process, I look up to you guys and have loved following your journey!

Yvonne and Eric said...

So neat thinking of Drew using his new baby pillow!! Can't wait for TC!

Yvonne