Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Progress!

We got some super great news from our adoption agency last week.  We received I-600 approval from our local USCIS office to bring Drew home!  Now all we need is emigration permission (this is permission for Drew to leave Korea), Korean Passport (official paperwork so he can leave Korea), Visa approval (permission from our government for Drew to come home) and lastly, Travel clearance....(the call that sets us in motion to make flight arrangements to travel to Korea!).  So...we still have a few more things to check off of our list, but things ARE moving and Drew really IS coming home!!!!  Woohoo!


We also had a great weekend.  We held a garage sale to help raise $ for our adoption fund.  We were concerned about the rains from Ike, but God was gracious and would not let it rain on our sale.  We made over $600 so we were thrilled  (I've never made that much at a sale in my life!)
We also met some amazing people and now I just want to throw a garage sale every year just to meet these people.  Everyone has a story.  Thank you to everyone who donated items for our sale.  We could not have been so successful without you...& your stuff! :-)
I also was blessed to celebrate my birthday with my family.  There is nothing better.  
Photobucket
My handsome nephew Hayden, my mom, and my sweet Cole
Photobucket
Me and my huggable nephew Jaymin
Photobucket
Me and Princess Malia
Photobucket
Me and Cole hugging it up at Outback

4 comments:

Lana Trussell said...

Well darn missed your Birthday. Hope you had a great one! Love the pic of Vicki and the boys. Wow thats great money out of a garage sale.

Wendy said...

So happy you have more news! I will continue to keep you in my prayers!

Yvonne and Eric said...

WONDERFUL news! Let's hope EP and PP come soon so there's nothing to hold up the visa once it's ready!

Can't wait to see a picture of your family of FIVE!

Yvonne

Jenni said...

You are even MORE beautiful (29, isn't it?)--how is that possible, since you've ALWAYS been gorgeous! I'm amazed by you and proud to know you!!! I hope your birthday was wonderful. And how the heck did Hayden get so old?