We are now entering week 9 of officially waiting for Drew to come home to us. This is when the waiting becomes excruciating. You know you are close, but...how close? The phone is silent, there is no willing it to ring. You would think that a veteran like myself would not fall for the pitfalls of the wait. I've been down this road now three times and it NEVER gets easier!
Right now we are waiting for someone from our agency to call us to let us know if they were able to get new pictures of Drew last week. We are hopeful and it's taking EVERY ounce of my emotional strength not to call and pester Dillon for his update. Oh please, oh please, oh please let my phone ring tomorrow with GOOD news!
Sunny, one of my fellow waiting mommy friends made a list recently on her blog of things left to do...oh, I so need to do this, so here's mine!
1) Install new car seat
2) Finish online adoption training
3) Finish up Drew's room (hanging things up etc)
4) Finish shopping for people in Korea
5) Buy diapers
6) Buy new crib sheets
7) Buy highchair booster seat
8) Get new diaper bag
9) START PACKING
10) Make and freeze dinners for those first few weeks back from Korea
Ok..I'll probably add to these as I get closer but it feels good to see them in black and white (er, brown?!)!
Monday, October 13, 2008
Time keeps on ticking....
Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some good news to share....we'll see!
Posted by Chad and Dana at 5:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
oh good...I just found some things to add to my list! Thanks for the reminders. Also, yippee that you haven't finished your online courses...I was starting to feel really really guilty. I am hoping we all hear some updates on our baby boys really soon (like 2 seconds ago!).
Ring phone, ring!!! We're out here cheering you on. You can do it.
Post a Comment