I called DC this morning and the good news is that our agency in Korea sent the paperwork back to the embassy on Friday but there is not a visa interview date in the system yet and to call back Monday. It was so fun because when I called I was expecting that there had been no change but the first thing the sweet girl from DC said when she pulled up our case said " Oh, isn't he the cutest thing?!" Oh, my. I about cried, I knew at that point there was some change because nobody had ever commented on his picture before. So now my question to the world is...does the fact that she could see his picture indicate that she was looking at his Korean passport picture? This would mean one less thing we were waiting on!
Here is another new picture of Drew taken in the infamous chair...what a doll baby!
Ok guys...we really need your prayers. We know our travel call could be just a week away. Please pray for our family as we prepare to bring Drew home. Someone had asked who all was traveling to Korea to bring Drew home...well, we all are! Chad and I decided we just couldn't leave the kids home. We want them to see their birth country and we don't want to waste this opportunity. My mother in law has graciously agreed to come along for the ride for help and to see her grandchildren's birth country. Here are our prayer needs: We need some traveling mercies from God. We need prayer for our anxiety (ok, mine since I'll be doing all the packing and travel arranging). Here's the biggie, we need our children bathed in prayer as they see Korea with their eyes for the first time and begin to make memories of what Korea means to them. That may mean that they begin to make sense of their adoption story and with that may come sadness and feelings of loss. My prayer is that even at their tender ages that God would reveal His purpose and plan over their lives.
"To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified."—Isaiah 61:3.
Friday, October 17, 2008
Update and prayer request
Posted by Chad and Dana at 8:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Wow. It is really happening. So excited for you and all the wonderful things that are going to happen on this trip....for all THREE of your kiddos. What a life-changing experience for all of you.
I have chills all over reading your post. I am praying right now over your children as they see Korea for the first time and pray over your family as you bring sweet baby Drew home. Thinking of you!! -Kelly
I am crying as I read your post because I know the exact feelings that you have and yes we will pray for everything on your list! We love you all and can't wait to see your precious Drew and hear your amazing stories about the kids traveling and disvoering Korea.
Aren't you thrilled? What a fun time for all of you and I would love to see Cole and Malia as they experience Korea. I was going with you--have so much fun!
Girl - you better have some big clothes for that boy because he looks long! I am so excited for you and can't wait to follow your trip! Plus, I'll be wanting pointers on traveling with your kids because we plan to take Matthew when we go back for #2.
Yvonne
Dang, I think you guys are awesome. You will be bathed in prayer from our family. God will bless you and your children. What a great experience for your older two to see their birth country and to see the process that you have gone through culminate with a new little brother for them.
Blessings to you!
This is very exciting! Have faith in yourself and Chad that you have already set a beautiful stage with which they can view this part of the world. I will pray for your safe travels, for your worry to be eased so that you can enjoy the experience. That although you cannot control what your children are feeling, you will have the words to speak that help them process the experience. I will pray that this is the most amazing family event that will help all of you make sense of this beautiful gift you have been given. Relax! Breathe! and Trust! We love you!
Post a Comment