Friday, October 24, 2008

TRAVEL CALL!!!!!!

What a great way to start the day!!! Drew is ready for us to come and get him...woohooo!!!

Due to Chad's work schedule, we plan on leaving on November 4th and returning November 11th. The wait will probably be excruciating, but honestly it makes the most sense...boo for common sense! For those of you who would like to come and share our homecoming at the airport, please leave me your email addresses in the comment line and I'll be happy to share our time of arrival on the 11th.

We are OVERJOYED and are so thankful to God for this journey we are on. Now...if I can try and stay out of the halloween candy isle while we wait for the clock to tick down to November 4th....It's not looking real good ;-)!

Thank you all for your many prayers and thoughtful comments. We plan on blogging our stay in Korea so stay tuned. The only thing I ask is that you comment (yes, this means all you lurkers too...you know who you are!) on our blog. It is such an encouragement to see your names pop up, and I know the kids would enjoy hearing from you too!

So...now, I just need to get BUSY....

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you all. I can't wait until we are in your position of going to get our new family member. I guess that means we actually need to get on the train to arrive at the destination. Hopefully soon. I can't wait to experience your trip with you all. You will be in my prayers. Our email address is timandchristina.larsen@gmail.com . Oh and if you need candy, I went to Sam's yesterday and am fully stocked. I will share.

Shelly said...

I'm a lurker! I am a member of the forum, and have been following all your journeys! We have 3 kids from S. Korea, all through Dillon, but are now living in Washington state... my husband is a church planter and we are planting up here in the Seattle area! We will be praying for your journey to Drew! Our oldest son came home on November 11, 1998! It's a great Gotcha Day! Congratulations!!!!

Shelly McCain... mom to Caleb, 10, Jacob 8, and Allyson 2

Tamara said...

Hey Dana!! Are you not just thrilled? I just LOVE that time of year in Korea! Have a great trip. I don't like using common sense at all! I know you would love to leave tomorrow. I think you already have my email but if not it's tulsa1991@yahoo.com

liesel said...

Hooray!!!!!

www.beyond blessed.com said...

Yeah! I am so happy for you and your precious family! Ok give me the times. I would love to try and be there.
Elaine

Dania Efird said...

So exciting! Hope that your wait goes by quickly! Prayers for safety and for Drew as he joins his family!

Wendelyn DeMoss said...

Oh my! I am so excited for you all! What a wonderful time and before the holidays too! My prayers will be with you all, I will keep my eyes on this blog so don't forget!!! Love you guys! Tell my sweet Malia hi!

Anonymous said...

This is great news! Enjoy your time in Korea with your kiddos. Also take an extra suitcase for all the things the kids will find and want to bring home. Jarred filled his own suitcase with treasures he found at the market. Hope to see you at the airport.
julie.due@verizonbusiness.com

Tami said...

Oh my goodness! My sister-in-law just left for Seoul on Saturday to visit her parents!!!! Thinking of you all and sending wonderful thought your way!!!!

Lana Trussell said...

We are so happy for you and Chad. He's a beautiful little boy! Be safe on your trip, can't wait to see him!

Mike and Lana

P.S. My camera is a Canon 40D DSLR

Just Wedeminute said...

We are so excited and can't wait to see you guys! Please add us to the list kenziekylanmom1@cox.net
We love all of you and will pray for a safe journey!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Guys. It's your long lost friend Kerry Sawatzky. Congratulations on Drew!!! I was cleaning out some old e-mails, and found your blog address. It looks like I checked in at a great time. I will be praying for a safe trip. It is crazy that it will be 9 years in March since I left Worldcom, and where you journey has taken you in the years since I left. Congratulations and you have a beautiful family.