Saturday, November 8, 2008

Day 3 Shop til you drop!

Saturday morning after our buffet breakfast here at our hotel, we decided to head to Itaewon for a little shopping. Itaewon is very americanized and quite honestly, not the "prettiest" part of Seoul, but they have some great finds for souvenirs. Once we finished up or shopping we decided to head back over to Insadong and see the Gyeongbokgung palace. The trees there this time of the year are amazing! We also enjoyed some live entertainment at the national folk museum so...overall, a great day!!
Here are some of the sights we took in today...(Lana & Sunny, if you are reading...you would have loved the palace for it's amazing fall foliage, I thought about you guys....).

Photobucket
Photobucket
Here we are out front of the Hamilton Hotel by the "Scroll Guy"
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Now, We have one more day of site seeing and then Monday we will be at Eastern for the majority of the day with foster mom's. I tell you I am enjoying our adventures this weekend, but I am missing Drew like crazy and think it's total agony to have to wait to see him again. Ok, yes, I had to the same thing when we traveled to bring Malia and Cole home, so yes, this is just some whiney momma thoughts, but....I just want to see our baby...like, NOW!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW it is beautiful there it looks like you all are having a great time wish I was there.. love to all Aunt Laura

Anonymous said...

really beautiful,malia and cole looks like they are having a ball, miss you. we are having a ball in tx.



love
mom,dad------nana and papa

Kelley G said...

Wow, it is beautiful there this time of the year.

I love the picture of Malia in the leaves.
It looks like you are having a great time!

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! Precious memories! Love Malia in the leaves :) So excited for you guys.
Miss you Kelly

Anonymous said...

The kids look like they are having an awesome time! What a beautiful place!

Anonymous said...

Malia and Cole: Lauren, Maddie, Parker and Claire said hi! They think Drew looks pretty cool! Parke wants to see your sword Cole! You better hide it when you get home! Have fun kids! Love Tracie

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys are having a wonderful time. Wish I were there instead of cleaning my house today. You have waited this long, one more day will go by quick.

Lana Trussell said...

Wow! Looks like you are all having a wonderful time. What a happy time for your family. WOW! WOW! WOW! On the photo opts there!!!! I would wear my camera out! :o) The colors are beautiful, love the one with you and Chad in front of that gorgeous yellow tree! The kids look so happy!

((Hugs))

Mike and Lana

Anonymous said...

You all look like you are having the best trip together. I know you are ready to have Drew in your arms. Enjoy your last two days in Korea. I actually recognize the "scroll guy". We have a scroll painted by him. Thanks for that memory!
Love,
Kim

Micah and Sunny said...

I love all the photos! Looks like you are having a ball. I can imagine it is agony to wait to see Drew again so, go ahead and be whiney...we don't mind.

I do love the fall foliage. Seoul just looks beautiful. Praying for your Monday as you with with the foster moms. Praying for a wonderful time.

liesel said...

What memories you all are making! Looks like you'll need to go back in a few years for adoption trip #4 so Drew will be able to get in on the fun. :)

I am really curious to hear more about what Cole and Malia think of their home country. I would imagine many of their questions about their culture and their origins are being answered on this trip.

Please come visit us when you come back. I am so anxious to meet Drew and ask Malia about her trip!! :)

By the way....gorgeous pictures! What is the time difference anyway?

Tamara said...

It's 9:20 Sunday morning right now, and I can't wait to see more pictures. I know you're excited. If memory serves, you've only been in Korea before during March (or is it April??) Isn't it just divine this time of year? I know you'll take it any time you can get it (wouldnn't we all?!) but personally, I think November is the absolute best time of all! Lucky Duckies!--T

Tamara said...

ok IT'S NOW NEARLY 2:00 p.m. (Sorry, didn't mean to shout, my caps lock was on) in Korea. Ahem! Pictures, please--you know, your royal court is awaiting updates. Hope you're enjoying the day.