Monday, November 10, 2008

Day 5 - An Amazing Day

How on earth does one even begin to blog about the life experiences we have had in the last 12 hours? Only God could have orchestrated such a day. Our meeting with Drew felt more like a meeting in the clouds. I was able to feed him a bottle and God gave us precious time to connect with one another. He giggled and giggled at his crazy new parents. We are so in love!

After our meeting with Drew, we met with Cole's foster mother. She immediately ran over to hug our little precious, but as most of you who really know Cole...can you guess how he felt about it all?! I think the pictures speak volumes. Even though Cole was not thrilled about all the attention he received, we had a wonderful visit and she has promised to come tomorrow (with her husband) to see us off. They are precious people, who have touched our lives profoundly. We truly see our children's foster parents as an extension of our family.

Lastly, we went to visit Malia's foster mother. Her husband was in a terrible accident a few years ago and it left him with some brain damage. She now lives with him in a rehab center north west of the heart of Seoul. Round trip it was a 3 hour journey, but after seeing the delight on my daughter's face as she received hug after hug from a woman who loves her deeply...we wouldn't have missed this journey for the world. I can't express into words how this visit has touched our hearts. I just know I will never forget it as long as I live. We found a treasure today...a treasure that cannot be bought or sold. It is a bond that ties our children to their birthland, and it's here where we will leave a piece of our hearts as well.

We wanted to thank everyone for their encouraging words throughout our travels and for all of the prayers, each one of them has been felt and appreciated deeply. This has been a trip of a lifetime to have our whole family here to experience this together. We look forward to see those of you who can make it at our home coming. See you on the other side of the world when we get there!


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I sit here with big tears falling down my face I am thankful that my niece and nephew have found a lost part of themselves that I am sure will not be forgotten. Malia looks so happy!! And you're right Cole is so not the one to be in the center but, I think he will look back on these pictures and treasure those moments.
And Drew, all I can say is get him home quick We all cannot wait to love and play with that sweet baby !!!!!!
Love and safe travel to you all
Aunt Laura

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! what a day......that is really hard to look at without tears......malia malia, nana is so happy for you....that time for you was so precious for you, i want to hear all about it when you get home....speaking of....we can'T wait..Drew looked so comfortable with you, i am praying that continues....Cole, that so Cole precious Cole. Really getting anxious for you to come home.......what a trip this has been for all of you.....

love to all you

NANA

Anonymous said...

Oh...crocodile tears!!! That was so beautiful Dana! What a wonderful day...the pictures were so precious! It looks like it was a day for the books..I'm so glad! I love that first shot of Drew! What a blessed mama you are to get to look down at that face everyday! I can't believe the time has finally come to bring him home! So excited to see you all!

Praying for Drew's transition, and the foster family's too!

Anonymous said...

Am really enjoying your blog here in Houston but I tell you what...I need to buy some stock in the Kleenex company....every day brings lots of tears as you share your joy!! Thanks so much!

Praying for a smooth, peaceful transition that is full of the presence of the Lord Himself...the One who has fashioned your family to show His faithfulness...I really love Drew's hair!!

Ann Little

Dania Efird said...

What sweet pictures. I too sat here with tears in my eyes looking at the pictures. Realizing that our baby in Korea right now is being care for so wonderfully by a foster mother that will like you said, tie him to his birth country. Thanks for sharing.

liesel said...

What a tearjerker post. You have all been given such a gift today. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us onlookers.

Anita said...

Dana
I have loved following the families journey back to Korea!!! What a treasure of memories you have forever more!!! The pictures of the foster moms with their former "kids" are priceless. I'm praying for your journey home.

Ps. I have a new email so I didn't get the email that listed your return time so I'll only be there in spirit as you land at your home airport but know I'll be thinking of you all!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! I have tears streaming down my face. What a beautiful post and I truly feel blessed to read your families journey!! What a wonderful trip of a lifetime with so many blessings! Thank you so much for sharing.
Kelly(Dillon Forum)

Anonymous said...

Horton Family,

We are blessed to have wonderful people like to. We look forward to getting to know Drew along with Cole and Malia. Have a blessed and safe travel back to Tulsa.

The Brooks family

Anonymous said...

Oh Dana, No words can express my happiness for you and your family. I am so thankful that you were able to journey back to Korea as a family to bring Drew home. I have loved following along with your journey and seeing the wonderful pics.

Julie Due

Micah and Sunny said...

Beautiful...too beautiful for words. You have touched our hearts.

Wendy said...

Precious pictures and I too could not hold back the tears. Especially of Malia hugging the woman. So glad you did this and have the pictures. If you had waited until the kids were older these people may not have been around. Drew is precious and you all look so happy! Safe travels home! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Dana, Chad, Malia,Cole,Drew
Thank you for allowing us into your lives this past week. It has been so wonderful to see Malia and Cole absorb the sights, sounds, smells and people of their birthland. Drew is precious in your arms. May God bless your journey home.
Love,
Kim

Dusty and Kathryn said...

Tears and more tears - so priceless! Thank you for sharing your journey!!

The Herzberg Family said...

As I sit here and thank God for the miracle you have had with Drew today, I am in awe of the power of prayer. I am so happy for you to have those precious moments of him touching your face and giggles while feeding him. I pray for continued miracle bonding that God can provide. I am as equally thankful for Malia and her time with her foster Mom. The hands reached out to eachother as you are saying goodbye says what words never will. What a powerful day in God's hands you all have had today. Can't wait to see you all.
Hugs & Kisses

Anonymous said...

Dana I have so enjoyed following your journey. I have tears in my eyes as I read about the wonderful path God took you down to build your family. Thank you for sharing with all of us!

ElisabethB (Dillon Forum)

Anonymous said...

I have happy tears Dana! So beautiful to see the hapiness on your face! Drew is just precious! Also seeing Malia and her foster mother is priceless and Cole with his too. Cannot wait to see you guys tonight! Love, Tracie

NHP said...

Oh How Beautiful. How can one not be moved to tears seeing those pictures! What a precious gift for your children and I know their foster mothers will treasure that memory as well.
I have loved checking your journey each day and have prayed for smooth bonding with Drew.
Hugs from Tulsa,
Natasha
www.perrymanadoption.com
(hoping to leave soon too!)

Tamara said...

Dana, Chad, Malia, Cole, and Drew
Look at Welcome home to you all. I am sorry I was not able to come and celebrate you home! I am happy for you and I hope for an easy transition and some moments for sleep.

Anonymous said...

I was so excited to be able to experience your homecoming last night. It is one of the most treasured memories that I have had. I hope my kids will remember it always. Can't wait to see new pictures soon; but know you need this time to bond and SLEEP. God Bless you all. I hope Malia and Cole will remember their experience in Korea forever.

Anonymous said...

I know you havent a clue who I amm. I am a friend of the Wedemeyer family. I want to say what a beautiful family you have. And wish you all the best in your travels to your home with your new baby. I just love learning about Korea. I never knew much about it before I met the Wedemeyer famiy. And every time she blogs about it and gives links I love to look and learn! Your family is in my thoughts and prayers! How wonderful you are!! Amy Gaj, Granby Massachusetts

CC said...

You are so brave to bring your whole family!! We didn't have energy to bring our (then 2 year old) son with us to bring home our daughter.