Today was a chilly day day here in Seoul. One thing left on our agenda (and when I say our I really mean, Chad!) was to visit the Korea War Museum. Don't get me wrong, I believe history is important, but visiting a museum does not captivate me in the same way conversing with an actual veteran would. Once we left the museum we decided to head to Itaewon for a quick bite to eat when we actually came face to face with veterans that served in the Korean war on a street corner in an effort to avoid the rain.
These men were dressed in sport coats donning many war medals. Chad struck up a conversation with one gentleman from New Zealand that served in Korea in 1951. This was his first trip back along with a dozen or more veterans from New Zealand, Australia, Canada, and the United States. These men were in Seoul to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the beginning of the Korean War. It was a blessing to be able to shake their hands and thank them for their service. To be in Korea and have this opportunity left us dumbstruck...so much so that we forgot to ask them for a picture! We feel so indebted to these men and women who sacrificed so much so that Korea could be free. This was our highlight this weekend. We want to encourage everyone to thank a vet this week...what would we do without these courageous men and women? Here are a few of our pictures!






This is a picture of a traditional wedding ceremony in Korea. They were setting up outside next to the Korean war museum.
You can't tell in this picture, but these ladies in their hanboks were GORGEOUS!


Here we are winding down at the Starbucks in our hotel lobby...BLISS!
Malia and her Appa....Malia took to calling us by our Korean names this week...we loved it!
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Day 4 Winding down...
Posted by Chad and Dana at 6:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
How exciting for you all to meet such distinguished men I am sure you all are having a great time but I wish you would hurry up and get home I don't know what to do without my daily phone calls!!! Plus I want to love on that baby!
I can't wait to hear another sweet voice call me aunt rahrah!!
Love and miss you all
Aunt rahrah (aka aunt Laura)
Too cool! What a neat thing to be able to meet those vets! That must have been so special! Those planes look very cool...I bet Cole enjoyed that! Well, we're all thinking about you...I guess you get to see Drew later on today, Korea time! What a thrill! :)
Well we finally got a "Cool" from Wes, it only took war museum pics. LOL So exciting to meet Veterans from the Korean War! Love the pic of Malia and Appa, this brought tears to my eyes. Precious memories once again. You have pictures that are priceless and will last a lifetime. Thank you for sharing. Hugs and Kisses
Wes,Kelly,Lindy & Connor
i like your pictures. i miss you, you too cole.
to malia
from april
What an awesome experience. It met both of your needs. God is so good that way. A picture would have been cool, but we'll take your word for it. Enjoy your last moments there. I'll be praying for a safe return with your new bundle.
Hey guys! its 5 am there but just wanted to wish you luck today! I know you can't wait to see Drew and bring him home! Good Luck we will be saying many prayers for a good and easy trip home! can't wait to see you Tuesday! Love Tracie
Post a Comment