Thursday, November 13, 2008

Drew's Gotcha Day and homecoming

What can I say, but......WE'RE HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We received Drew on Tuesday morning at Eastern. It was crazy! Cole's lovely foster parents came over to see us off and to bring us more gifts (ok, how amazing are they?!) and then Drew walked in on his fm's back looking like he had just had a fantastic nap. He looked a bit perplexed by all of the hubbub, but he seemed to be taking it all in stride. The elder Dr. Kim came in to pray over Drew which was a HUGE honor, this man is in his 90's and still dresses in a coat and tie and tries to see every baby at their departure. Then our social worker came over to me and said "you need to get into the van, that is when Drew's fm will give him to you" So, we piled in the van as everyone, including Cole's fp's came to see us off. Drew's fm handed him over to me, gave my hand a firm squeeze and then the van door closed and we were off. Little sweetie, barely knew what hit him, poor lil guy! He really handled everything well until we were about 20 minutes from the airport, and then came the tears. He finely decided his best move would be to close his peepers and take an emotional nap. He slept the rest of the way to the airport and then I loaded him on my back (with my ergo...people adopting from Korea....you HAVE to get one of these...trust me!) and he was good to go! As far as our flights go, Drew did AMAZINGLY well. We flew from Seoul to Tokyo, then from Tokyo to DFW, then to Tulsa. There really was only about 2-3 hours he was upset. The rest we were either playing or sleeping. He is such a little love...words cannot describe.

Our homecoming was heavenly. So many of our family and friends turned out for our celebration. I could hardly take it all in. There was a loud applause and clapping, and shouts of joy coming from the baggage claim area! I want to thank each and every one of you who came out to see us home. You will never know what that meant to us! I was a great reminder of what it will be like as we cross the threshold in heaven, celebrating in the Lord for HE IS GOOD!!!!!!

Now that we are home, things could not be better! Drew is sleeping all night (knock on wood). He goes down about midnight and sleeps until around 10a.m. We all feel human again! PTL! Drew is very attached to his mommy (which I am LOVING) he is a little velcro baby. He isn't quite into Daddy yet, the FM did not have a husband in the home, so I think the idea of a daddy is a new one to him. He is warming up to him though! He does not like to change his clothes or his diaper and sure lets us know about it! Oh, but he is a doll. I cannot tell you how incomplete our family would be without him in it.

WARNING! A ton of pictures below...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

more homecoming pics to follow...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I have been waiting so impatiently for more pictures. Thank you for sharing. It was wonderful to welcome you all home on Tuesday. I know it was an incredible experience for you, but let me say that it was an honor to be able to share that experience with you. I am crying just thinking about it. It makes me so anxious to begin our journey. I told Tim that it was probably one of the coolest things I had ever taken part of.

Tamara said...

Yea! I'm so glad you're home! What a sweet family! You never look stressed.

liesel said...

Hooray, hooray! Will you be at church anytime soon? I can't wait to see him.

Dania Efird said...

We too have been waiting to hear all about his homecoming! Glad to hear that everything is going so well!

Brad and Jessica said...

Welcome home!!! I loved following your journey to Korea! We are going in a few short days or weeks.
JessicaCo

Micah and Sunny said...

I cry everytime I read your posts. Praise the Lord that Drew is home! We are so happy for all of you. Love the pics, keep em' coming!!!